Aussie Vegemite Scroll Burger
INGREDIENTS: Makes 4 burgers
4 x Vegemite scrolls
1 kg coarse Beef mince
1 x Gem lettuce
1 x can Sliced beetroot
1 x can Sliced pineapple
Bulls Head BBQ sauce
4 x Eggs
8 Rashers streaky bacon
Sliced cheese of your choice (I use Monterey Jack cheese slices)
2 Brown onions
- Heat BBQ to 150°c
- Wash lettuce and break leaves of stem.
- Precook bacon and set aside.
- Shape your mince into 4 large burgers and toss well in Charcoal rub.
- Cook indirect until you get an internal temp of 50°c and then place the pattie direct over the fire or charcoal to get a nice sear happening. Once you hit an internal temp of 65-70°c remove the patties and let them rest for 5 mins.
- Now it’s time to build that burger.
- Always start with the heavier items on the bottom of the bun so it doesn’t topple over.
- Stick a skewer or knife into the burger to hold it together.