INGREDIENTS: Makes 12 Pies
750 gm kg Chicken thigh (boneless)
3 Large Red potatoes
1 x Leek
Garlic & onion
2 Sticks celery
2 x Carrots
20 grams Butter (unsalted)
2 Tablespoons plain flour
½ Cup cream
½ Cup chicken stock
1 pkt Puff pastry
Medium sized Pie tins
1 x Egg lightly beaten
- Heat oil and butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion, garlic and leek, stir for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add stock & cream and bring to the boil. Add flour, then stir for 1 minute. If the pie filling consistency is thin, then add more flour to thicken.
- Add one tablespoon of Chicken Rub and fresh chopped chives. You can add more rub for your desired taste. It is best to cook the mix the day before.
- Line your pie tins with puff pastry and allow the chicken mix to cool before adding to the lined pie tin or your pastry will melt slightly.
- Use a plate that is slightly large than your pie tin to make a top from the pastry for your pie. This will allow you to crimp the outside of the top edges.
- Brush your pies with egg wash then bake until golden brown on your BBQ or oven around 190°c.