2.5 kg lamb leg or shoulder
Large stand-up taco shells
2 corn cobs
1 x lime
2 x Roma tomato
1 x Avocado
1 x Small mango
2 x Lebanese cucumbers
1 x Red onion
2 x Red chilli’s
1 x Baby gem lettuce
- Heat a smoker to 150°c.
- Peel corn cob and toss in a bowl with olive oil and a generous coating of chipotle rub, cook the corn on a BBQ until it has a light blackened colour, slice the corn off the cobb and set aside until later.
- Trim any silver skin and any excess fat from the lamb and season well with Smokey Q Chipotle rub, making sure the meat is coated.
- Place the lamb into the smoker. Cook until it reaches an internal temp of roughly 90°c you can go over this temp as lamb is very forgiving. Allow roughly a 6-7 hrs cook time.
- Dice the tomato, cucumber, avocado, mango, onion and coriander, and place in a bowl with the chopped chilli and the juice from 1 lime, toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- Check the temperature of the lamb. Once it has reached the desired temp remove from the BBQ and wrap in foil or butchers’ paper and let it rest for one hour.
- Start pulling the meat away from the bone using claws or a fork.
- Set the meat aside and start putting together your tacos.