INGREDIENTS: Makes 4 Burgers
500 grams coarse burger mince (Tip ask your butcher for minced chuck and brisket mince)
- 4 tablespoons of Smokey Q Coffee rub
- 1/2 cup Bulls Head BBQ sauce
- 1 x Red onion sliced
- 1 Large tomato
- 4 slices Hi Melt or Monterey jack cheese
- 1 x Gem or baby cos lettuce
- 4 Brioche buns
- Heat a smoker or BBQ to 200°c.
- Shape the mince into 4 small patties about 125 gm then coat with Smokey Q Coffee rub
- Slice tomato & onion
- Blend some mayonnaise with a little sriracha sauce for that extra kick!
- Cook the burgers until medium in the centre around 70°c will do check this with your thermometer, and don’t remember too use something flat and heavy and smash them down flat to get those nice crispy edges.
- Place cheese on top of burgers until it melts
- Once their ready remove them from the BBQ and let them rest for 5 mins.
- Assemble your burgers and enjoy with a coldie!