2 pieces of Skirt steak around 300 gm each
1 Red chilli
1 x Red onion
2 Cups Flat leaf parsley
1 Cup fresh coriander
2 Tablespoons Red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Oregano
Juice of 1 lime
- Heat a BBQ to 150°c.
- Trim any fat or silver skin from the skirt steak.
- Rub both sides of the meat with Beef rub.
- Place the chilli, coriander, parsley, oregano and red onion in a food processor with some olive oil and blitz until it’s a rough paste then thin out to a drizzling consistency with more olive oil, red wine vinegar and lime juice.
- Cook the steak with indirect heat until its medium rare with an internal temp of 55-60°c then crank the BBQ to 250°c and sear both sides of the meat until a crust forms.
- Remove from the BBQ and let the meat rest for 10 mins then slice and serve.